Monday, January 18, 2010

Bethany Presbyterian Church

One of the things I have been praying about since I moved to Seattle was to find a church and church family. However, it would be hard to top the church I had back in Nicaragua, I loved attending the church service at El Puente, and Torre Fuerte with the rest of the community. I attended a few church the first semester but just didn’t find what I was looking for. I wanted something new and fun and energetic and modern. So when I came back from Christmas break, finding a church was top priority.

I searched on the internet for nearby churches and found All Saints Nondenominational church up in Queen Anne (the neighborhood by my school). So last Sunday I took the bus and was really excited, I thought I had found the church I was looking for. However, when I got to the right bus stop and started looking around the neighborhood…I couldn’t find it! I walked around for 30 minutes mentally kicking myself for not writing ANYTHING down about where I was supposed to go. I did see a nice view of the mountains and the Sound though. So after a while I came upon Bethany Presbyterian Church. I really just wanted to go to church, and I was only 20 minutes late so I figured I could just quickly sneak in and sit in the back.

I am not as smooth as I wish I was, instead of just quietly sitting in the back, I managed to slam a door, drop all my stuff, and have to squish by 5 people to get to my seat. But once I was sitting, I was so rewarded! The service was exactly what I needed to hear, and the church was everything that I needed, though not exactly what I thought I wanted. The sermon really touched me. It was out of the book of James, one of my favorites, and the songs that were played were some of my favorites also.

I love how the Lord provides our needs, not necessarily what we want. I would describe this church as nice and a church my parents would go to. But what I love about it is that it feels familiar. When I leave, instead of coming out all hopped up on “Jesus Juice,” I leave feeling comforted by the Love of my Father. I am rejuvenated by His grace and am restored for the week to come. I love how this church really focuses on prayer and serving the community and world.

I guess I am excited to see where this church goes. I am going to continue to pray to see if there is where God wants me. I am eager for the things going on in my life. I feel like things are moving and I am thrilled to see where it goes.

Here is link to my church: http://www.bethanypc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment