Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ok, So past week I affectionately named "DEATH WEEK." basically it went like this: 2 midterms, 2 jobs (more on that later), spanish homework 3 days last week, quiz, chemistry homework, lab, lab prelab, lab post lab. gross. anyway, I hardly had time for anything except sleeping and eating. But now it is done, and I can spend the weekend doing nothing...except catching up on all the things i wasnt able to do during the week.

So about that second job. I got a new job! as soon as my background check clears ( i know, with my miles long criminal offenses it should take a while...)I will start working at Queen Anne Manor. I am so excited about it. It is an assisted living facility and I will be working as a CNA there. They said they will also train me to be a Med-aid. Awesome. Old people + hanging out = best job ever. What i really like about it is that it is for mostly low income adults. So they don't frequently get out much and have fewer visitors. In my job I am strongly encouraged to take the extra time to get know the residents and give them someone to talk to, or as my employer put it, "you are their entertainment." Wonderful, that is what i love to do.

Additionally, I am still attending Bethany Presbyterian church. I still love the feel of it, and am still interested to see why God choose that church for me. This week the pastor spoke from James about holding our tongues. A fairly simple message, but something that he mentioned is, we not only need to learn to hold our tongues but also about training them to be stronger. Practicing building each other up. He likened it to a diet. we not only need to cut out bad food, we need to fill our bodies with good and pure things also.

Finally, one of the "theme songs" of the church would have to be "Jesus, I am Resting, Resting. It has been the last song we sing, just before we head back out to continue our week. I have really grown to love it,just because of what it is also representing in my own life. recently, this stage in my life has been a time of rest and rebuilding. here are the words:

Jesus I am resting, resting in the joy of what Thou art.
I am finding out the greatness of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee, and Thy beaut fills my sou
For by Thy transforming power, Thou hast made me whole.

Jesus, I am resting, resting in the joy of what Thou art.
I am find out the greatness of Thy loving heart.


Oh, how great Thy loving-kindness, vaster, broader than the sea.
Oh, how marvelous Thy goodness lavished all on me.
Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved, know what wealth of grace is Thine,
Know Thy certainty of promise and have made it mine.
chorus

Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus, I behold Thee as Thou art.
And Thy love so pure, so changeless satisfies my heart,
Satisfies its deepest longings, meets, supplies its every need,
compasseth me 'round with blessings, Thine is love indeed.
chorus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0PwcAQ7kjE

anyway, have a good week. i hope you are rested in every aspect of the word.

1 comment:

  1. I love this hymn! We sing it at my church. It makes me teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete