Wednesday, March 17, 2010

facebook.

This past week was filled with work, finals, and facebook. As i was studying for a final and trying to write a paper I was continually check my facebook to see if any one would be available to talk to, or distract me from my current unfun tasks. Someone commented once that I was on facebook ALOT. so this lead to me think...how many hours of facebook is a lot? who else uses facebook? after some research i found these:
# More than 400 million active users
# 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
# Average user has 130 friends on the site
# Average user sends 8 friend requests per month
# Average user spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook
# Average user writes 25 comments on Facebook content each month
# More than 70 translations available on the site
# About 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
# There are more than 100 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
# People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are twice more active on Facebook than non-mobile users.

There you have it, facebook is a world wide phenomenon, distracting people all over the world. Just think how much more productive we would all be if it didn't exist, roads would get built, babies would be born, and I wouldnt have stayed up until 3:30 working on my paper. Despite all this, I still LOVE facebook, and will just have to be ok with the fact that I will be 100% productive ever again. haha.

1 comment:

  1. I did the exact same thing...instead of working, I'd go on facebook to find people to distract me! Bah! It's awful! But so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete