Saturday, August 7, 2010

still around!

O goodness, I have not blogged in such a long time.

So I reached Nicaragua yesterday. It was a struggle but I was about the take the bus 13 hours through central america, 3 countries, sola. But i met some really wonderful people and God really blessed what i would was a bad situation about to turn south. But that is another story.

In El Salvador, I was asked to write a bio about the lady that I stayed with. I thought I would also post it here.

I stayed with a wonderful woman named Maria Lusia Sura:

Maria Luisa lives by herself in her beautiful house, which is located in the neighborhood of Soyapango, a part of San Salvador. She is a 4th grade teacher at the school Siloe, where she has worked for 2 years. She says that she loves working with the children. She received her degree from a university here in San Salvador, and has 4 certificates in different areas of education. She worked as an elementary school teacher for over 35 years before retiring but then deciding to return to teaching after 5 years. She has 3 children, 2 daughters and 1 son, all of which have grown up and are married, and has 4 grandchildren. Two of her children live in the United States, her daughter lives in Richmond, VA and her son in Los Angeles, CA. Although Maria Luisa does not speak English, she is always very patient with others who are learning Spanish. During her free time she enjoys gardening, listening to worship music, cooking and playing with her grandson who lives in San Salvador, Josito who is 4 ½. Her favorite books of the bible are Romans, Ephesians, and Philippians.

I asked her what else she would like people to know about her and she said: “My house is very relaxing, I like to lie in my hammock and look at the sky. My favorite food is fruit, I eat a lot of fruit. It is such a blessing to have people come and stay at my house, and I think that it is a way that I can serve the Lord.”

Maria Luisa is always a teacher, when I showed her what I had written about her, she told me to double space it so it looks nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment