Friday, June 11, 2010

it is here

The time is here.

I have finished finals, cleaned my room, and packed up everything. In about 5 hours I will leave to go to the airport to fly to El Salvador. I cannot believe that it is finally here. I am excited and nervous. But i think it will be ok. I got a call this morning from CFCI and they told me that i had a host family! i do not know many of the details other than the woman (possibly mother or wife) i will live with is a teacher. Additionally, I will be picked up at the airport by Pastor Javier.

I am excited to be back in the Latin culture and explore new places. I am exited to see how the Lord is going to move and what He has in store for this adventure. I ask that you pray for my safety, but also for the hearts of the people that we will be in contact with. Please pray that I hear the word of the Lord and embrace it with boldness and confidence. But at the same time, hear the tender cry of the people and have compassion to feel hurt and sorrow with them, to be humbled by their kindness, and love unconditionally.

This the verse that I have really been thinking a lot about recently. I feel like its a fairly common verse, but i have tried to find just how it is applicable to faith, on a deeper leve:
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I will try to be joyful even when things are hard, and i am confused and distressed by the word of the Lord, or when He chooses to be quiet. I will pray even if i feel the situation is hopeless, but beyond that pray that the Lord is good and will provide. he has been faithful in the past and he will be faithful in the future. And I will praise the Lord with all I have, and try to show the Lords goodness in all that I do. I pray that we will be able to do this together. Thank you for your support.

I am excited to share all these things with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment